Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Beauty in a Butterfly


Enchantment...what word could better describe my feeling this morning when a most gorgeous bright orange and brown speckled butterfly accompanied me as I watered my flowers? I thought for sure this fragile beauty would flit away as quickly as she had appeared, but instead, she stuck around the entire time I tended my garden. So, after my watering was done, I went for the camera...thinking surely with camera in hand she would be gone when I returned. But, no, there she was as if waiting eagerly to pose! During my excited fumbling, she remained patiently, fanning her delicate wings and turning just inches from my face to get to the sweet nectar of the cone flower where she perched. She really was lovely...much prettier than my photo can show, and it was so incredible to be so close for such an extended time. Truly beautiful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment