Monday, July 20, 2009

Anniversaries

Our Wedding Day, June 14, 2009
The one month mark of our wedding day has come and gone. I missed the opportunity to write a few words then. So, on this day instead, the 40th anniversary of the first manned moon landing, immortalized by astronaut Neil Armstrong's now famous words..."One small step for man...one giant leap for mankind," I want to say how much brighter, happier, and full life on this planet is to be sharing it with Kevin.
In some respects, marriage is a giant leap of faith, but each small step we've taken together before taking our vows and celebrating our love makes us sure of our footing and eager to proceed, come what may.
We included in our vows the following simple, but profound words adapted from a Navajo Song ~
In the house of long life, there we wander
In the house of happiness, there we wander
Beauty before us, with it we wander
Beauty behind us, with it we wander
Beauty below us, with it we wander
Beauty above us, with it we wander
Beauty all around us, with it we wander
In old age traveling, with it we wander
On the beautiful trail, together we wander.
I am honored to be traveling life's journey with my soul mate, Kevin.
Happy wanderings to all!!!

1 comment:

  1. June 14 was the happiest day of my life Sweetie!! Thanks you for honoring me by becoming my bride!

    Kevin

    ReplyDelete