Monday, May 20, 2013

Skink Saga ...


Today, after finishing planting the pepper plants bought from our local nursery yesterday, I noticed my skink buddy was out and about again ... but in a different location along the retaining wall.  It seemed he had very important business to attend to, but, being the very bold and accommodating skink that he is, he posed for some more photos, this time even looking square into my camera lens.  Soon, it became clear why he was out and about ... skink had found a lady love! 
 

The two skinks nuzzle in the photograph above.  There are those who say they don't find reptiles cute, but I'm guessing they've never seen cuddling skinks :)
 
And, as if to celebrate their love, the bleeding heart I planted earlier this spring had it's first blooms open today!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment