Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Forever in Our Hearts

Jeff, Me & Desirae in 1988
Two years ago today, we lost a mountain of a man, loved by so many and so very much so by me ... my big brother Jeff.
Jeff meant so many things to so many people - he was a son, brother, husband, step-father, favorite uncle, trusted companion, best friend, informal counselor, air force veteran, artist, teacher, skilled woodworker, inventor, sailor, tall tale teller and simply an irreplaceable force in our lives! He was a brilliant man, largely self taught, who read voraciously. Jeff had a heart of gold and a laugh that could cheer a whole room. Even though he was often the center of attention, he had an uncanny knack of making you feel like there was no one more important than you. Jeff was undeniably one of life's best. Those of us who were lucky enough to have him a part of our lives were forever touched by his kind, generous spirit.
Jeff was my hero when I was a little girl, my guiding light when I was down or having hard times, and always my friend. He was by no means perfect, but it's impossible not to remember him as being pretty close to it as far as being the best big brother ever. He would never want anyone he loved to be sad or to mourn him, so I try my best simply to celebrate him and his life...a life that was full and one I was so fortunate to be a part of.
Unlike the February 2nd Jeff passed on ... today, the ground hog predicted an early spring. As a teller of tall tales himself, Jeff would be smiling a big Cheshire Cat smile to know that.
Jeff's spirit shines on, as bright as the sunny days he loved so much. He's very missed, but forever in our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment