Sunday, January 30, 2011

Pickerel Painting

Pickerel Frog

Painting can transport you to another place. It's such an engrossing activity - one in which I lose all track of time. Mixing colors to get just the right hues is so fun!
I enjoyed my latest effort, pulling in deep shades of red, green, and blue to highlight the center of attention. My latest watercolor pictures an alert pickerel frog sitting among fallen leaves and dense vegetation. He appears to be calm, but also ready to jump to safety if provoked. During winter time, these frogs survive the cold, harsh conditions by hibernating. They won't come out of their dormancy until March or April when it's warm again and food is becoming more readily available.
So glad this little guy sat still long enough for my friend to get a good snapshot and for me to enjoy painting his portrait :)

No comments:

Post a Comment