Tuesday, October 20, 2009

This Day

"Your daily life is your temple and your religion." - Kahlil Gibran


I thought I would start this blog off with the simple, but profound words of Kahil Gibran, one of my favorite philosophers. This day for me started as remotely as can be from anything resembling a temple or religion in my book. I was feeling so nauseus and uncomfortable that I decided to scrap my planned agenda and rework it in a more gentle fashion. I started with a nap with the cats...yes...I got up and then took a nap! Now, for the cats, this was the absolute pinnacle of ways to start the day. They just love to huddle in bed with me, the longer, the better. So, it was nice to see I was making my furry companions so happy.

The extra rest helped me, too. After some chicken noodle soup and soda crackers for lunch, I had enough get up and go to get outside and stack the wood Kevin chopped over the weekend. We're getting a good head start on our wood pile!

That little bit of exercise energized me further to take a walk through the woods. With camera in hand , I set out. After making a circuit around the cabin, taking in the beauty of the colorful, autumn leaves, I headed over to the lot next door, tresspassing into our neighbor's yard which affords a great view of the farm across the street from us. The farm valley below and mountains beyond is so scenic!

In the open field of my lookout, there is a patch of vibrantly colored "Butter and Eggs" flowers. They've been flowering since early summer.


The natural beauty all around me elevated my day from ho-hum to heavenly. As I slowly retraced my steps to our cabin, I felt renewed, happy, and at peace. This day was a good day afterall.


Home Sweet Home



No comments:

Post a Comment