Friday, October 16, 2009

Happiness is ...

A warm kitty to cuddle
Jasper is an amazing cat. She seems to sense when I am sick or feeling bad and does her best to remedy the situation. Years ago, when I was suffering from pneumonia, she was never far from my bedside, and usually laying right on top of my chest like a mother hen, keeping watch over me and keeping me warm. Today was a tough one for me symptom wise, and there was Jasper at the ready to offer the comfort and closeness that has endeared her to me and created such a close bond. It truly is a gift to love and be loved in return by an animal!
Jasper and her sister Pacey have brought immeasurable happiness to our lives. Pacey adores Kevin, and he has become her "chosen one." Everyday, she curls up in his lap as he watches television, the most content look on her face. She also likes to visit him when he's at work in his study, often curling up on the table beside his computer, keeping an eye on his every move.
Even though there are many days here of late that are physically uncomfortable, I continue to find happiness in simple endeavors at home in our peaceful cabin. It's been nice to have some down time to devote to creative activities. I found a scrapbook at a local yard sale and have begun to fill it with collages. I'd almost forgotten how fun it can be to create hodgepodge collections of magazine photos and clippings.
My latest collage creation
Jasper and Pacey even inspire my collaging :) I was able to find photographs that resemble each of them to include in the montage.
Happiness truly is the simple inspirations that enter our life and touch our world with a bit of magic all their own. Be it a beautiful wildflower, a flitting butterfly, or the glow of a campfire or candle light ... there is much to be noticed , much to be thankful for, and much that brings happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment