Thursday, April 15, 2010

It's Green Again!!!

Greenery outside our door
It's so uplifting just to step outside the door into a sea of shimmery green. Almost all the trees have fresh new leaves. The dogwood tree that stands right next to the cabin is in full bloom, it's snowy white bracts tinged with rose on four edges. The early morning sun brings sparkle to the new forest greenery. There is a hum of activity as birds sing, squirrels and chipmunks scurry, and deer browse the understory.
Yesterday was the dawn of my 52nd year. My birthday was a very pleasant day, and a time for being especially grateful for marking another year. It was also a time to reflect on the people in my life who make my world such a special place. To share my life with such a loving husband brings unending happiness. Kevin is my love, my friend, and a constant source of strength. My beautiful daughter is a joy...my very own angel...and, for so many reasons, I am so proud of her and all she is. Her strength of spirit is an inspiration! I remain connected with my childhood best friend, Debbie, who I have known since I was five years young and she six. Her friendship is such a treasure. Over the years, whether near or far, we've molded each others lives and inspired one another to carry on through the best and worst of times.
Spring brings such a renewal in spirit, with new life abounding all around. It is such a cathartic experience to revel in the lush green world around us, the icy cold, barren days of winter now simply a memory over our shoulders.

1 comment:

  1. May your birthday be birthday month, birthday year! Susan, thank you for your oh so generous and deeply moving comments on my blog today. You apparently are one amazing woman. It made my day, and you are an angel in case you did not know :) So happy to know you.
    Many blessings, and a big hug,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete