Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Wait is (Almost) Over


Today, my daughter called me with some very good news...we have a scheduled date for the kidney transplant. As it turns out, the donor is the responsible party for securing a surgery date. Desirae and I both passed all the necessary medical tests and hurdles. Now, an end to this process is in sight. Our surgery is set for February 15...just a month away. What a relief!


Desirae is such a strong and confident one...not at all scared nor worried about her huge participatory roll in being my kidney donor. Of course, as her Mom, it worries me to no end that she is doing this for me, but, at the same time, I couldn't be more grateful to her. My one and only child is giving me the gift of continued life. No little feat!!!


This news came at a time when my spirits were starting to dip. I have really been feeling the ill effects of the disease's final stage and my energy is down to a bare minimum now. Hearing that we finally have a surgery date and that with Desirae's donated kidney I'll have the chance to live a healthier life with more vigor again, and knowing my daughter's work place and boyfriend are both very supportive of her, boosted my state of mind tremendously. Things are going to be okay.


Another month to go, some difficult times still to face, but things are already looking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment