Saturday, June 8, 2019

Flowers & Veggies

The Garden Beds

Marigolds, zinnias, and sunflower

California Wonder Peppers

Cherry Tomato

Every year, my gardens are a little different. This spring, I discovered I had volunteer marigolds and sunflowers growing from last year's garden. Instead of planting a full garden of zinnias, as I have in years passed, I planted zinnia seeds among the flowers that were already sprouting. So this year, it will be a combination flower garden. Hopefully, it will please our bees, butterflies, and birds! The peppers, tomato, peas, and scallions I planted are all coming along. I planted the scallions and peas from seed. I kept a border of wild strawberry around the veggies, and, so far, the rabbits have left the veggies alone. That may change in the coming days, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment