Sunday, March 3, 2019

More snow ...


When I was a little girl, I remember my sister and I sitting in front of a window on a snowy day willing the snow flakes to keep on coming … as a lot of snow meant we wouldn't have to go to school. These days, I still love the snowy days, as the snow dresses up an otherwise drab winter. When we purchased our cabin, I asked the previous owner and builder which season was his favorite here, and, without hesitation, he said, "Winter." I would have guessed he would have said spring or fall. Having lived here for over five years and five winters now, I can understand why he loved the snowy season so much. The beauty of snow falling and lacing the trees and that gentle hush created by freshly fallen snow is so peaceful. As I always do, I'm yearning for spring and new life and color, and I surely will welcome it when it finally arrives, but I'm relishing these late snowstorms for their beauty and calm.

Snowy azalea bush framed by crepe myrtle branches

No comments:

Post a Comment