Thursday, July 19, 2018

More Visitors


This morning, I got up early to do some gardening, wanting to beat the heat sure to arrive later today. After I finished and was back inside looking out the window, I noticed a skink sunning on the garden wall and decided to snap a picture. As I was photographing the skink, I noticed some movement in the beebalm flowers out of the corner of my eye. A brilliant yellow goldfinch was feeding on the seeds of a spent flower head. So I took his photograph, too! I snapped several photos since some always turn out blurry.To my surprise, when I looked at the photos I'd taken, I discovered the male had his mate with him. They were both enjoying beebalm seeds together. The female's coloring is much duller than the male's and her feathers almost matched the tan color of the seed heads. I was so focused on photographing the male that I didn't even know she was also in some of my pictures :)


Skink sunning

I spot the male goldfinch snacking on beebalm seeds

He spots me, too!

The male goldfinch and his mate enjoying beebalm seeds together

No comments:

Post a Comment