Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Roses, Rhododendron, & Rose-breasted Grosbeak


Another glorious sunny day here today. After all the rain, the flowers are super-sized and the gardens are lush. Our roses in front are in full bloom, while our cottage roses in back are just budding, but there will be a lot of them in bloom very soon. Our single rhododendron bush is huge this year with saucer-sized clusters of pinky-purple flowers. While walking around and taking in all the floral sights, a melodic bird followed me from place to place. Surprisingly, I was able to take a fairly clear photo when the bird was in a branch of our peach tree. I discovered it was a female rose-breasted grosbeak. We don't see many grosbeaks, and it was fun to have one tag around with me!

Full bloom in front

Buds in back

Giant Rhododendron Bush

Rhododendron Flower Clusters

My buddy bird - Female Rose-Breasted Grosbeak

No comments:

Post a Comment