Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Little Black Cat



After losing the love of my life cat Jasper to cancer last July, I didn't know that I would ever continue my little black cat miniature paintings, so popular with my customers.  Jasper was my inspiration.  Although Jasper always remains close in my heart, our sweet new Shanti cat brings us such joy and she's reignited my desire to create my imaginative outdoor scenes with a curious little black cat enjoying whatever scenario she's in the middle of.  Today, I painted the little black cat in a colorful garden admiring a tiny hummingbird seen above.  Jasper loved being outside on the patio amongst the flowers, so it's also a fitting tribute to her.
 
Shanti is such a pretty model!



The 'little black cat" series lives on ...

No comments:

Post a Comment