Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Remembrance in February


After the death of my dear Uncles The and Bob in late 2011, I planted a simple fall garden of pansies in their memory.  Last spring, the biennial blooms returned and the photograph above pictures one of those lovely opened blossoms.  Little did I know at the time, but I had planted a symbolically meaningful garden, as pansies represent loving thoughts and memories and the blue color represents peace, tranquility, and healing.
 
The month of February is full of memories and important dates.  My daughter was born on February 23.  She shares her birth month with my Mother, February 28, my Great Step-Grandmother, February 8, and my Uncle Bob and Grandfather, February 4. The birthdays of notable American leaders Abraham Lincoln and George Washington are commemorated this month, too.  February 8 is also the day of my kidney transplant, the 3rd anniversary this year. Ground Hog's Day, February 2 marks the passing of my oldest brother, Jeff.  And, we can't forget Valentine's Day, celebrating romantic love, on the 14th!
 
February is a month that stands out amongst the rest for me as a special one of loving remembrances.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment