Thursday, January 31, 2013

Celebration

 
Earlier this month, my daughter joined us to celebrate two major occasions ~ President Obama's second Inauguration and her 28th birthday.  It brought me so much happiness to share these special times together.  We celebrated Obama on a national stage and Desirae in a family gathering ... and honoring both brings much pride and joy.
  
 
 
I'm so happy my daughter is actively participating in and living in a time when equality for women and all cultures is becoming more of a reality.  I believe her generation is making huge strides to further bridge differences and pave the way towards greater harmony in the world.  I find Barack Obama to be an ideal president in that he inspires so many and that he truly instills hope for a brighter future, not just for Americans, but for all.  He offers young people an incredible example that belief in one's self, actively caring for one's community, and hard work truly do make a difference, and all of these factors together are what can and will help us progress as a society.
 
Happy Birthday to my courageous, beautiful daughter ... and Happy 2nd Term to Barack Obama!!!    


No comments:

Post a Comment